“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going!”
There are no quick fixes to many of the challenges that our children will face, but having a safe place to share with others can make a huge difference. We do not have all the answers, but we can offer resources, information, and a shoulder to lean on.
Overcoming ADHD is not about running away from it! It’s about embracing it, embracing your child’s differences. Your child is not broken or damaged and doesn’t need to be fixed! We need to focus on our child’s strengths.
The key to managing our child’s differences is not about being right all the time. It’s not about having all the answers. It’s about being prepared for what comes next! It’s about the challenges we face and having the tools that work when we need them the most.
The Support group focus is on positive parenting and being pro active rather than reactive. If we educate ourselves on the challenges that our children face, we will be able to provide tools and strategies that will better the understanding of their mental health. This will help our families and our children lead healthier lives.
HUG First! Ask questions later…Remember you have a Great Child!
Why Join Us
Benefits of the Support Group
- Brings positive change to the children and their families through education and story sharing.
- Enables you to embrace your child’s differences so you can focus on the strengths.
- Awakens you to the fact that you are not alone.
- Serves as an outlet to release any frustrations and challenges that may cause you to doubt yourself as a parent.
- Offers you limitless resources and guidance.
- Gives you the opportunity to become an advocate for your child and for the cause.
- Enables you to meet new people and make friends.
- Gives you the opportunity to become an active member in your community by volunteering and helping make a difference with fresh ideas.
- Keeps you informed weekly (almost daily) via Faceboook with news, events, stories, inspiring posts and reminders, only to name a few.